Join this team for the summer
Public Digital is looking for a talented, open and enthusiastic Summer Intern to support our work with governments and multilateral organisations in Francophone Africa. Fluency in French is essential. We’re also looking for a proven interest or work experience in digital government and/or international development.
Start date: June 2019 (dates to be confirmed)
Duration: 8-10 weeks
Stipend: Dependent on experience, in the range of £500-£1000/week
Essential requirements: Fluency in French and English; must have permission to work in the UK by the start of their employment
Location: Based at our office in Shoreditch, London, with a potential 1-2 week trip to Francophone Africa
About Public Digital
Public Digital is a specialist digital transformation consultancy. We’re based in London, but we work globally. We exist to help international organisations, governments, and large companies to deliver digital transformation at scale, leveraging the culture, processes, technology and operating models of the internet era to enhance public service delivery. Find out more about us, our team and our work.
About the opportunity
We have an exciting opportunity to join our growing team for 8-10 weeks this summer. You’ll work on a specific engagement, and contribute to the digital transformation of a public sector client, with the ultimate aim of improving public service delivery in that country. In return, you’ll have the chance to learn from our experienced team of practitioners, who have expertise in service design, agile communications, technology, cybersecurity and other disciplines. You’ll also work in a dynamic start-up environment, have the opportunity to publish written work, and gain valuable work experience at the intersection of digital government and international development.
In this role, your day-to-day responsibilities will cover:
- Supporting a specific Public Digital engagement in Africa, including by conducting research, interviewing senior executives and practitioners, synthesizing insights, drafting reports, and organising workshops
- Translating a variety of written documents, emails, presentations from English to French and back again; possibly providing real time interpretation of phone or video calls
- Developing a comprehensive understanding of our client’s strategic direction, issues, delivery goals, and the broader digital ecosystem in their country.
- Researching and writing blog posts or other articles on aspects of digital transformation in Africa, in both French and English.
- Supporting the growth of Public Digital’s business and partnerships in Africa and in the international development sector. This could include assisting with business development opportunities.
This internship would suit a current or recent graduate student with relevant work experience. We are open to applications from a wide range of backgrounds, but fluency in written and spoken French is essential.
We will prioritise candidates with one or more of the following skills and experience:
- Proven interest or work experience in digital government, international development, and/or Francophone Africa
- Experience of designing and conducting qualitative research, preferably on digital and/or international development topics
- Experience of working for (or with) design agencies, management or strategic consultancies, or transformative units within a government.
How to apply
Please send a CV/resumé and a covering letter to Emily Middleton: email@example.com with the subject: “Summer Internship (International Development)”.
In your cover letter, please highlight relevant experience, and include your availability this summer. Note: the successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK by the start of their employment.
The deadline for this opportunity is midnight on Monday 27 May – but we will be reviewing applications and conducting interviews on a rolling basis, so please apply as soon as possible.