Posted: 4 April 2019
Closing date for applications: 25 April 2019
- Salary: At least £40,000, dependent on experience
- Location: Based in London, with at least 6 long-haul client trips per year, and more European short-haul trips.
- Holiday: 30 days per year
- Pension: 3% employer contribution and 5% employee contribution
- Annual performance incentive scheme
- Home and remote working, flexible hours
Public Digital is looking for a talented, open and experienced person to join our expanding global business as a Principal Consultant. You will be somebody who has played a leading role in the digital transformation of a large organisation, either within government or the private sector, and be passionate about the potential of the internet era to improve the lives of people for the public good.
Public Digital is a relatively new company. We have a start-up mentality. We value people’s attitude as much as their skills, and look for entrepreneurialism, initiative, kindness, and a willingness to pitch in when it’s needed.
In this role, your day-to-day responsibilities will cover:
- Leading Public Digital engagements in public and private sector organisations, working remotely and on-site with practitioners and leaders.
- Developing a comprehensive understanding of our client’s strategic direction, issues and delivery goals. Developing strong, trusting relationships, providing leadership and support. Setting vision and priorities for multi-disciplinary teams.
- Supporting partners with running client relationships, organising regular check-ins, capturing actions and making sure they happen.
- Writing blog posts or other articles on aspects of digital transformation, and speaking at public events as an expert in the field and representative of Public Digital
- Helping to define and build emergent practice areas in Public Digital’s growing business
- Developing a recognised deep expertise in the application of digital transformation
- Contributing to the corporate life and growth of Public Digital as a business, including support on attracting and hiring new expertise
We are open to applications from the widest possible range of backgrounds, but will prioritise candidates with one or more of the following skills and experience:
- Professional fluency in at least one other language in addition to English.
- Experience of working directly with senior executives and delivery teams within a large, complex organisation. This could be in government or the private sector, UK-based or internationally.
- Making public contributions to new thinking around digital products and services, ways of working or organisational change, through blog posts, conference talks or other media.
- Has played a role as part of a multidisciplinary team responsible for the design and delivery of a service built according to user needs
- Experience of working as a service designer, product manager, technical architect or policy maker with responsibility for institutional reform or modernisation.
- Experience of working for (or with) design agencies. management or strategic consultancies, or transformative units within a government.
To apply, send a CV/resumé and a covering letter to Simon Priddle: email@example.com