We are Public Digital, a digital transformation consultancy and we help global institutions that matter thrive in the internet era. We apply the culture, processes, business models and technologies to help teams build and run excellent services. Working with the leaders doing strategy, and the teams doing delivery, we operate globally, advising companies and governments on six continents.
We’re values driven and we articulated them in these ten positions.
Attitude as much as skill, is critically important to us as a team and we look for entrepreneurialism, initiative, kindness, and a willingness to pitch in. Our theory of change is: Digital. Teams. Work. Read more about what we do.
Role: Digital Transformation Director - Private Sector
Salary: Between £75k - £100k, dependant on experience
Location: London, with some travel throughout the UK and globally, remote working fully supported
Dedicated to leading our client engagements, building strong, pragmatic working relationships with leaders and digital practitioners in large, complex organisations. Support organisations endeavouring to lead in digital, applying expertise in product management and service delivery to have a significant impact. You will be key in developing and supporting our rapid growth, strengthening our global reputation. We welcome applications from people interested in seeking a permanent, full time role, fixed term or on a contract basis as we are growing. Fast.
What you’ll do for us:
- Lead significant, large client engagements, developing strong, proactive and highly trusted relationships with senior leaders and their teams.
- Key influencer in our private sector offering, driving our business development initiatives in the UK and globally
- Build a comprehensive understanding of clients’ strategic direction, organisational context, operational/tactical issues and delivery goals.
- Help financial institutions that matter to dramatically increase their digital maturity, deliver outcomes, and better experiences for their customers.
- Build and coach product teams, identifying solutions to blockers, helping them to anticipate and address challenges.
- Provide strategic digital transformation advice across client engagements.
- Develop your reputation as a thought leader on digital transformation of financial institutions: write blog posts and other articles; speak at conferences and events as a representative of Public Digital.
- Contribute to the life and growth of Public Digital as a values-led business.
What we’re looking for:
- Ability to build, lead and develop successful, agile, multidisciplinary teams working in complex organisations to deliver products that are focused on meeting user needs.
- Solid approach to leading and delivering work.
- Great communicator, able to present convincingly as well as express data and information in a clear, concise manner, to a publishable standard, including articulating technical concepts.
- Recognition as an expert in a digital related field (eg product management, agile delivery, user research).
- Experienced and highly credible coach, facilitating teams to build capability, collaborate and become more self-organising.
- Solid experience and delivery of digital transformation in the private sector (particularly financial services or other highly regulated environments).
- Experience of having worked closely with C-suite and executive leaders, with experience of becoming a trusted advisor and clear communicator at high levels of large organisations.
What’s in it for you?
- Opportunity to grow and progress rapidly within an engaged, supportive environment.
- Be entrepreneurial and contribute to the growth and success of Public Digital.
- Focus on high-impact work with leading institutions in the UK and around the world.
- Be empowered to do your best job.
- Home and remote working, flexibility in how you deliver work.
- Focus on learning, development and progression.
- Ability to build and develop your expertise and profile through publishing blog posts, presenting at events and sharing knowledge and experience.
- Buddy system and prioritised mental health.
- Generous holiday allowance: 30 days, plus public holidays.
- Health insurance cover.
- Annual office volunteering day.
How we get to know you
We would like to understand your background, attitudes, experiences and your motivation in wanting to work with us. We typically do this through a:
- phone interview up to 30 minutes;
- panel interview, which includes a case study sent to you in advance; and
- a chat with a peer online.
We will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis, so please apply as soon as possible. You must have permission to work in the UK at the start of your employment.