Level: Principal Consultant
Closing date: 16th April 2021
Salary: Up to £60K, depending on experience
Location: Office in London, remote working fully supported
We welcome applications from digital practitioners or policy/strategy analysts interested in seeking a permanent role, fixed term or on a contract basis as we are growing. Fast.
We are Public Digital, a digital transformation consultancy and we help global institutions that matter to thrive in the internet era. We apply the culture, processes, business models and technologies of the internet era to help teams build and run excellent services. Working with the leaders doing strategy, and the teams doing delivery, we operate globally, advising companies and governments on six continents. We’re a new company with big ambitions, and we’re growing fast.
We’re values-driven and we articulate them in these ten positions.
Attitude, as much as skill, is critically important to us as a team and we look for entrepreneurialism, initiative, kindness, and a willingness to pitch in. Our theory of change is Digital. Teams. Work. Read more about what we do.
Dedicated to leading one or more of our diverse portfolio of engagements with governments, multilaterals and financial institutions, you will play a critical role in helping us to grow our partnerships and reputation across different sectors.
What you’ll do for us:
- Advise senior decision-makers in governments, international organisations and the private sector.
- Understand and engage with international best practice around digital delivery and transformation; build relationships with peers around the world.
- Help institutions that matter to dramatically increase their digital maturity, deliver outcomes, and improve people’s lives.
- Contribute to building a comprehensive understanding of our clients’ broader strategic context, issues and delivery goals.
- Assist our partners and directors by running and delivering client engagements, scheduling regular check-ins, facilitating team delivery to the high standards we set ourselves.
- Be a point of contact in Public Digital for client-specific critical matters.
- Maintain a holistic view of all the work across an engagement, ensuring that work being done and delivered is aligned to the contract.
- Track performance, including revenue forecasting, pipeline and costs.
- Identify and document outcomes promptly and accurately.
- Facilitate team ceremonies, such as standups and retrospectives.
- Care about team health, team dynamics and productivity. Look after the well-being and operations of the team.
What we’re looking for:
- Drive and passion to own a project or piece of work from start to finish.
- Pragmatic and proactive approach to managing and delivering work.
- Experience of coordinating and building relationships with many different stakeholders to achieve the client’s outcomes and goals.
- Excellent levels of organisation, prioritisation, project / delivery management.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Great communicator, able to express data and information in a clear, concise manner, to a publishable standard, including articulating technical concepts.
- A solid understanding of digital transformation in either the public sector or the private sector (particularly financial services).
- A solid understanding of agile, user-centred ways of working.
- An understanding of how teams work and collaborate, the dynamics of team delivery and how this is nurtured and developed.
You will have either:
- Experience of working in a digital delivery team - e.g. as a product owner, delivery manager, user researcher or service designer.
- Experience of and a demonstrable passion for helping to drive digital transformation and/or institutional reform, e.g. as a policy adviser, strategy analyst, bureaucracy-hacker, or programme manager.
What’s in it for you?
- Opportunity to collaborate and grow within an engaged, supportive team.
- Be empowered to do your job well.
- Home and remote working, flexibility in how you deliver work.
- Focus on learning, development and progression.
- Ability to build and develop your expertise and profile through publishing blog posts, presenting at events and sharing knowledge and experience.
- Buddy system and prioritised mental health.
- Generous holiday allowance: 30 days, plus public holidays.
- Health insurance cover.
- Annual office volunteering day.
How we get to know you
We would like to understand your background, attitudes, experiences and your motivation in wanting to work with us. We typically do this through a:
- phone interview up to 30 minutes;
- panel interview, which includes a case study sent to you in advance; and
- a chat with a peer online.
We will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis, so please apply as soon as possible. You must have permission to work in the UK at the start of your employment.