Public Digital is a digital transformation consultancy. We’re based in London and work globally. Our goal is to help international organisations and governments to deliver digital transformation at scale. We apply the culture, processes, technology and operating models of the internet era to help teams build and run excellent services.
We work with the leaders doing strategy and the teams doing delivery. We advise companies and governments on six continents. We’ve worked with the United Nations, the World Bank, the Inter-American Development Bank and the European Commission.
Public Digital is a relatively new company. We have a start-up mentality. We value people’s attitude as much as their skills, and look for entrepreneurialism, initiative, kindness, and a willingness to pitch in.
The Business Support Administrator will report to the Business Manager, and work as part of a small operations team to ensure the smooth daily functioning of Public Digital. We are looking for someone to become an integral part of the team at this exciting time in our development, and the right candidate will maximise efficiency and enjoy providing proactive, flexible support in an agile environment.
Areas of responsibility and main duties:
- Managing the office environment and ensuring the space and facilities are working.
- Ordering office supplies such as stationery, tech equipment and consumables.
- Sourcing services and liaising with suppliers.
- Acting as point of contact for the building manager and liaising with the reception staff.
- Booking meeting rooms, preparing refreshments and greeting visitors.
- Collecting incoming post and sending letters and packages.
- Printing, copying and scanning.
- Processing incoming invoices for payment using Xero.
- Preparing client invoices to be sent.
- Collating receipts for spend on corporate cards and reconciling monthly expenditure.
- Liaising with the accountancy firm.
- Processing staff expense claims and arranging reimbursement.
- Time-tracking and reconciliation of consultant working hours on client projects.
Supporting the team
- Providing administrative assistance to the Operations Director, Business Manager, and Consultants.
- Building relationships with clients and our network of affiliates.
- Managing incoming enquiries and disseminating.
- Preparing company correspondence.
- Working with the Operations Director on people and logistics planning.
- Assisting the Business Manager with event arrangements.
- Providing holiday cover for the Business Manager to involve diary management and making travel arrangements.
- Attending team meetings and workshops, some of which are held offsite.
What we’re looking for:
We are open to applications from the widest possible range of backgrounds but will prioritise candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Extensive experience in all three of the areas of responsibility.
- Familiar with new technologies and generally IT savvy.
- Excellent communication, with fluent spoken and written English.
- Strong time management, self-organising and proactive.
Salary and benefits:
Salary: Up to £30,000 per annum – negotiable, dependent on experience.
Location: Based in London
Generous holiday allowance: 30 days, plus public holidays.
Pension: 3% employer contribution and 5% employee contribution.
Annual performance incentive scheme.
Home and remote working, flexible hours.
Annual office volunteering day.
How to apply
Apply here. Closing date for applications: midnight on Wednesday 22 January